This coming Thursday is Thanksgiving Day (感謝祭) in America.
In Japan, it is Labor Thanksgiving Day (勤労感謝の日). What better time to learn how to express gratitude in English.
10 phrases about gratitude:
- Thank you so much for everything you’ve done.
- I really appreciate you coming tonight.
- How can I ever express my thanks?
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- Thanks a million.
- I can’t thank you enough.
- What a nice surprise! Thank you!
- What you’ve done means so much to me.
- How can I ever repay you?
- I am thankful for . . .
At the beginning of every Thanksgiving dinner, we would go around the table and each person would say something they were thankful for.
I am thankful for all my wonderful students. Hoping you all have a nice holiday and rest from your labors.