In this final part of my emotions series, I will talk about reverence, or awe. In Japan, I think this emotion is usually missed at Christmastime. Most Japanese Christmas parties, are a little wild with firecrackers, costumes, cake and champagne. Chicken from Kentucky, and Christmas cake.
Most Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ at Christmas, with a special church service, the singing of hymns, or attending a nativity play. All experiences that fill you with an emotion of reverence.
So here are a few English phrases about reverence and awe.
- The Christmas service filled me with a deep reverence.
- The first Sunrise of the year filled me with awe.
- I was awestruck when I held my grandson for the first time.
- You children must sit reverently until the church service has ended.
- We need a president with a greater sense of reverence for the constitution.
Today, I will stop at five phrases. This ends my series on emotions. I will take a brief New Year’s break, and be back around the middle of January.
I want to thank all of you for a wonderful year, and wish you all a Merry Christmas and an awesome new year.
Here are a few final photos of my Christmas.