Happy Setsubun!!! (???) What is the proper setsubun greeting? I have no idea. Do you have any plans for setsubun this year?
Are you going to eat an ehomaki sushi roll while facing east by northeast, without talking until you finish the whole thing? I don’t understand why this tradition has become so popular in Akita.
Are you going to throw beans or peanuts around your house while shouting “Demons out, blessings in!”?
Or, like me, are you going to relax at home and not think much about it? Whatever you do, I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend . . . like this:
Finally, here are a few English idioms about beans.
- He got hit in the bean. (head)
- President Trump is full of beans! (all nonsense)
- Is your wife a bean counter? (someone who watches money very closely)
- I don’t know beans about chemistry! (I know nothing about it)
- Trump’s advice isn’t worth a hill of beans. (no value)
BEANS BEANS BEANS