I wrote about White Day last March. So I won’t repeat myself again. This week is a week of baking and saying thank you to all my wonderful students. Look forward to tasting some of these cookies this week. More later. I will post some of the recipes tonight. No time now.
Good Evening. Here are the recipes:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick oats (aka 1 minute oats)
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter then whisk in the sugar, cocoa, milk and salt. Turn the heat to high and boil mixture for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
2. Stir the peanut butter and vanilla into the chocolate. Add the oats and stir until well combined.
3. Using a small ice cream scoop or a 1 tablespoon measure, form dough into cookies( they can be flattened into cookies or into balls) and place on parchment paper to cool.
4. Allow to cool 30 – 45 minutes.
BAKER’S Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Heat oven to 375°F.
Beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and baking soda until well blended. Add chocolate chips; mix well.
Drop tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
Bake 10 to 12 min. or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 3 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Beat together the butter and confectioners’ sugar till creamy. Add vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients, stir into creamy mixture. Blend well.
- Add the nuts, mix well, roll the dough out into two balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Flatten dough out and cut into 15 or 20 equal size pieces, shape into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes till firm but not brown. While still warm roll into confectioners’ sugar, let cool and roll again.
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add baking soda, powder and vanilla.
- Stir in flour.
- Roll into balls, roll in sugar. Flatten cookies, using a fork, in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 6-7 minutes or adjust to suit your oven and size of cookies!