Today in the third part of my emotion series, we will talk about sadness . . .sorry.
So, let’s get started.
- I’m so sad today after watching the news.
- I’m really feeling depressed these days.
- I’m feeling down about the world today.
- What happened? You seem to be feeling blue.
- I’m down in the dumps.
- My heart is breaking for you, what can I do?
- I really cried my eyes out last night.
- The news about Trump reduced me to tears.
- My heart sank when I read the Dear John letter.
- I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders today.
Finally, here are some synonyms for cry:
- shedding tears
Next week is December, a time for JOY!!!
So look forward to some uplifting emotions. Until then use some tissues.
The lyrics to today’s song:
Sad Movies / Sue Thompson
They turned down the lights and turned the projector on
And just as the news of the world started to begin
I saw my darlin’ and my best friend walk in
And so they sat right down in front of me
When he kissed her lips I almost died
And in the middle of the color cartoon I started to cry.
Oh-oh-oh sa-a-a-d movies always make me cry
And so I got up and slowly walked on home
And mama saw the tears and said “what’s wrong”?
And so to keep from telling her a lie
I just said “sa-a-a-d movies make me cry”