Another emotion prevalent at Christmas(hopefully), is satisfaction （満足）. After waking up on Christmas morning, seeing Santa’s presents, checking our the goodies in your Xmas stocking, and finally opening the mountain of presents from friends and relatives under the tree, the child is filled with satisfaction that only comes once a year at Christmas.
So, today, how to express satisfaction in English.
- Christmas has exceeded my expectations.
- That was delicious. I couldn’t eat another bite.
- I’m so full.
- I’m as satisfied as a fox in a henhouse.
- Some people are never satisfied, no matter how much they have.
- Customer satisfaction is the backbone of any business.
- I made banana bread last night, but I’m very unsatisfied with the results.
- It seems like nothing I do will ever satisfy you.
- I’m very unsatisfied with President Trump’s job performance!
- Finally, my Mother’s favorite poem about dissatisfaction:
Man Is A Fool
As a rule, man is a fool,
When it’s hot, he wants it cool;
When it’s cool, he wants it hot,
Always wanting what is not.
Never wanting what he’s got.
I had a very satisfying experience last Thursday. A Christmas lunch with my wonderful students at Iyataka Culture School. Thank you so much for a wonderful time. I’m looking forward to seeing you all next year.
Last night, I went to Akita Station to enjoy the Christmas lights. My heart and soul were very satisfied!