So, I’m “enjoying” a long vacation, thanks to the Corona virus. I have cancelled my plans to go to America, and I’m watching way too much T.V.
How long will this last? When will school start? Will the Olympics open as scheduled? WHO KNOWS???
A few things we do know are, wash your hands, don’t touch your face, social distancing, and STOP HOARDING!
Wash you hands. The CDC has issued the following instructions for hand washing:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
A very nice Vietnamese song about Corona:
Don’t touch your face. The easiest way to get Corona is touching your face after touching something the virus is on, door handles, money, etc.
Social distancing. This new catchphrase has become widely used as an effective way to slow down Corona. Try to keep as much distance as possible between you and others, at least 6 feet (two meters).
Stop hoarding! There is no need to buy too many things. The supply chain seems to be okay. Buying too much toilet paper, food, water, makes it harder for those who really need something to find it. Here are two photos I took in Akita last week:
Now for some my sister-in-law sent from America:
Now that is just CRAZY!!!
Let’s all stay calm, and try to help each other. I’m sure we can get through it together. See you soon???