Let’s get right into it. Mask idioms.
- Let your mask slip. He drank a lot at that party, he let his mask slip and we saw his true self.
- Throw off your mask. How long have you been living like this? Don’t you think it’s time to throw off your mask and show the world your true nature?
- Mask out. I planted some bushes on the edge of my property to mask out the parking lot.
And now, a few famous quotes about masks:
- Love often wears a mask in order to test loyalty. Minna Antrim
- Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde
- Virtue has a veil, vice a mask. Victor Hugo
- It’s in literature that true life can be found. It’s under the mask of fiction that you can tell the truth. Gao Xingjian
- Boldness is a mask for fear, however great. John Dryden
Next time, funny masks