“I don’t want to die.”
Ukrainians are seeking safety after Russia’s invasion, with some fleeing the country and finding shelter. Parents are left trying to explain the violence to their kids https://t.co/ujqOFOEUOS pic.twitter.com/UCngbwe1yx
— Bloomberg Quicktake (@Quicktake) February 25, 2022
I’ve been feeling very sad, depressed and discouraged this last week. I’ve had trouble sleeping with all the turmoil in the world going through my mind at night.
I have nieces from Ukraine with family who are stuck there. My brother is doing all he can to get them out safely.
In the face of all this, I want to focus on PEACE today.
These quotes and more can be found here.
- “Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time.” —Lyndon B. Johnson
- “ If you don’t know the guy on the other side of the world, love him anyway because he’s just like you. He has the same dreams, the same hopes and fears. It’s one world, pal. We’re all neighbors.” —Frank Sinatra
- “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us and the world will be as one.” —John Lennon
- “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” —Mahatma Gandhi
- “Not one of us can rest, be happy, be at home, be at peace with ourselves, until we end hatred and division.” —John Lewis
- “You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.” ―Indira Gandhi
I am not naive. I know these quotes won’t get us out of our current problems, but for today, I choose to focus on PEACE!